Product-Service Systems (PSS) are integrated solutions of product and services that aim at satisfying customer’s needs. The idea behind PSS is that customers do not necessarily demand physical products, but rather the utility that the product and service bundle is able to provide.
PSS has been considered an important instrument to support the circular economy transformation due to its potential of dematerializing the product reducing environmental impact. Nevertheless, the transition towards PSS, also known as servitization, is challenging as it requires changes in the organizations’ business models, coporate culture, technologies, know-how, and capabilities.
Some of the research questions we deal with are:
- What are the methods and tools to support PSS design?
- How manufacturing companies can transform their traditional business models into PSS business models?
- How does PSS affect business model, business process architecture, and costs and revenue structure?
- What and how user-centered methods may support PSS design?
- How to evaluate the maturity of companies aiming to provide a PSS?
- Applying design thinking to support innovation on PSS (product-service system) development
- Definition of a process architecture integrated to business model in the design of innovative PSS
- Methodology for defining company’s specific PSS design process models
- Creation of Product-service systems (PSS) proposals in the fuzzy front-end
- Selection and application of investment assessment methods to support portfolio management of PSS development products
- Henrique Rozenfeld – Professor
- Glauco Mendes – Post Doc Researcher, Partner Professor (Federal University of São Carlos)
- Ana Paula Barquet – Former PhD Researcher
- Caio Marques – PhD Researcher
- Maiara Rosa – Research Assistant
- Marina Pieroni – Research Assistant
- Renato Carrião – Research Assistant
- Giovanna Nogueira – Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Paula Silva – Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Kenia Rodrigues – Former Research Assistant
- Maicon Gouveia de Oliveira – Former PhD Researcher, Partner Professor (Federal University of Alfenas)
- ZANCUL, EDUARDO DE SENZI ; TAKEY, SILVIA M. ; BARQUET, ANA PAULA BEZERRA ; KUWABARA, LEONARDO HEIJI ; CAUCHICK MIGUEL, PAULO A. ; ROZENFELD, HENRIQUE. Business process support for IoT based product-service systems (PSS). Business Process Management Journal, v. 22, p. 305-323, 2016.
- BARQUET, ANA PAULA BEZERRA ; STEINGRÍMSSON, JÓN GARÐAR ; SELIGER, GÜNTER ; ROZENFELD, HENRIQUE. Method to Create Proposals for PSS Business Models. Procedia CIRP, v. 30, p. 13-17, 2015.
- OLIVEIRA, MAICON G. ; MENDES, GLAUCO H.S. ; ROZENFELD, HENRIQUE . Bibliometric Analysis of the Product-Service System Research Field. Procedia CIRP, v. 30, p. 114-119, 2015.
- MARQUES, CAIO AUGUSTO NUNES ; MATSUNO, IVONE PENQUE ; SINOARA, ROBERTA AKEMI ; REZENDE, SOLANGE OLIVEIRA ; ROZENFELD, HENRIQUE . Comparative analysis of methods and tools applicability for product and IPSS development based on Text Mining Techniques. Product (IGDP), v. 13, p. 57-66, 2015.
- RODRIGUES, KÊNIA FERNANDES DE CASTRO ; NAPPI, VANESSA ; ROZENFELD, HENRIQUE . A Proposal to Support the Value Proposition in Product Oriented Service Business Model of Product Service Systems. Procedia CIRP, v. 16, p. 211-216, 2014.
- GUIDAT, T. ; BARQUET, A.P. ; WIDERA, H. ; ROZENFELD, H. ; SELIGER, G. . Guidelines for the Definition of Innovative Industrial Product-service Systems (PSS) Business Models for Remanufacturing. Procedia CIRP, v. 16, p. 193-198, 2014.
- BARQUET, A. P. B. ; AMIGO, C. R. ; OLIVEIRA, M. G. ; CUNHA, V. P. ; ROZENFELD, H. . Employing the business model concept to support the adoption of product-service systems (PSS). Industrial Marketing Management, v. 42, p. 693-704, 2013.